- Collection of Information
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- Use of Information
- External Links
- Browser-Based Do Not Track
- How We Protect the Information That We Collect
- Individuals in the European Economic Area ("EEA")
- Changes to Your Account Information
- Opt-Out Procedures
- Contacting the Website
- Categories of Personal Information We Have Collected From or About Its Guests in the Preceding 12 Months
- Categories of Sources From Which We Have Collected Personal Information About Guests
- Business or Commercial Purposes for Which We Have Collected or Sold Personal Information about Guests in the Preceding 12 Months
- Categories of Personal Information We Have Sold About Guests in the Preceding 12 Months
- Children Under the Age of 16
- Your Rights as a California Consumer
- How We Will Verify That It Is Really You Are submitting the Request
- Responding to Your Right To Know, Right To Access, and Right To Delete Requests
- Responding To Your Consumer Request To Opt-Out of The Sale of Your Personal Information
- If You Have an Authorized Agent
- Consumers with Disabilities
- Questions About the Policy
- California Consumer Privacy Act Request
- California Shine the Light
Collection of Information
- Non-Personally Identifiable Data
Anytime you visit our Websites, we may gather certain non-personally identifiable information regarding the means you use to access our Websites.
We may collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address and browser information and reference site domain name when you visit any Website and analyze this data for preferences, trends, and site usage statistics. We may look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We collect this information by using commonly used cookies, web beacons, and related technologies in order to analyze and understand how each Website is used and to enhance your visits to our Websites. For example, we may use these technologies to customize account pages for you, track user visits and account features, determine what features and pages are most frequently requested or visited and save your password so you do not have to provide it each time you visit a Website.
We use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer the Websites, and compile broad statistical data. In addition, we gather certain navigational information about where you go on our Websites. This information enables us to determine which areas of the Websites are most frequently visited and helps us to tailor the sites to the needs and interests of our online visitors. Such information is gathered by us in the aggregate and will not be associated with a specific individual without that individual's consent as may be required by applicable law.
We use third-party companies to provide Internet data hosting and to help us measure and determine how visitors use our Website and the effectiveness of our Website and promotions in order to help us improve and optimize our Website and the products and services we offer. We also use third-party companies to serve advertisements (banners or links) on our behalf across the Internet. These advertising companies use tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) to collect non-identifiable information about your visits to our Website and your interactions with our products in order to provide tailored advertisements based on your interests and browsing of our Website. We do not use or associate personally identifiable information with remarketing lists, cookies, data feeds, or other anonymous identifiers.
In addition, some of our e-mail communications to you may include a "click-through URL" linked to a particular page on a Website. By clicking on one of these URLs, you will automatically enter our Websites and we may collect information related to the "click-through." You may avoid having this information collected by not clicking on URL links in our e-mail communications.
- Information You Voluntarily Provide
We may collect and store information that you provide to us through our Websites, using our Services, in our stores, through our customer service representatives, at events, through marketing efforts, including contests, sweepstakes, rewards programs (such as our PARtner Loyalty Rewards Program ), events, and through third parties, or by other means through which consumers may provide certain information in exchange for a financial incentive, or any other way we interact with you. You may choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of certain capabilities of our Websites or other services or products we may offer. We may request, collect and/or store some or all of the following types of personal information: name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, telephone number, financial and payment information, such as credit card number and expiration date, financial account number and other information located on checks, driver's license number, gender, personal interests, birthday or information about a third party you provide when we ship an order. We may also maintain a record of your product interests and purchases. We may also aggregate the information collected from you via other interactions.
In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. We may also collect information about your approximate location each time you access our Services.
We may collect the information you post in a public space on our site. For example, you might be able to post feedback or reviews about our products that others visiting our site will see. We also collect information when you contact us.
Any information you provide to us (i.e., name, e-mail address) when you enroll in one of our e-mail newsletter, request information, or use any of the other interactive portions of our Websites, is securely maintained on our Web server and internal systems. This information may be used to provide you with information you've requested about our company, our products and our services, or to provide you with special notices. You may opt out of receiving future communications at any time (see Opt-Out Procedures below). This data may also be used to tailor your experience on our Websites by providing content that is relevant to your interests and geographic region.
Passwords: The personal data record created through your registration with our Websites can only be accessed with the unique password associated with that record. To protect the integrity of the information contained in this record, you should not disclose or otherwise reveal your password to anyone.
Public Forums: Our Websites may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users at various times. Please remember that, unless otherwise stated, any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas.
- Information Collected from Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources and combine or link that with information we have about you. For example:
- We receive information from our vendor partners that provide or lead Worldwide Golf Shops experiences (sweepstakes, events, outings and trips), such as contact information and feedback participants provide.
- We collect change-of-address information, demographic information, and information about consumer preferences, interests and opinions from third party sources.
- If you create an account or access our Services using credentials from a third-party social media platform (i.e., Facebook), we may have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, email address, friends list and public profile information, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by that platform.
- We collect content you share publicly in connection with our products, services or campaigns, including photos, videos and profile information.
- If you apply for certain co-branded financial products, we receive certain information from the financial institution we partner with, including whether your application was approved or denied, account closure information, and aggregated information about your transactional history.
- Information We Infer or Derive About You
We may use or combine personal information that you provide, that we collect automatically, or that we obtain from other sources to derive or infer additional personal information about you. For example, we may infer that you are looking to purchase new golf equipment based on your website browsing behavior and past purchases, or we may use your IP address to estimate your general location.
- Store Cameras
We use cameras in and around our stores for operational purposes such as measuring traffic patterns and tracking in-stock levels. Cameras in some stores may be used for fraud, theft prevention and security.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Service Providers
We may share personal information with certain third parties that perform services on our behalf. The services provided by those third parties may include: operating the Websites, hosting the Websites, providing the products and services you request, authorization and processing of your payments, product fulfillment, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, marketing and promotional material distribution, loyalty program management, promotions fulfillment, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing. Those third parties are not authorized to use or disclose personal information you provide to us on or through any Website for any purpose other than to perform the services designated by us.
- Legal Requirements
- Business Transfers
In the event that our company sells or transfers a particular portion of its business assets, consumer information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of the assets of our company are acquired, consumer information may be transferred as part of the acquisition.
- Elsewhere at Your Direction
At your direction or request, or when you otherwise consent, we may share your information.
- Transfer of Information to the United States and other Countries
We are based in the United States and process and store the information we collect in the United States. If you are based outside the United States, we transfer your personal information to, and process your personal information on, servers located in the United States, a jurisdiction that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect about you to provide, maintain, and improve our Services and the other interactions we have with you. For example, we use the information we collect to:
- Facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experience.
- Provide and deliver products and services, process transactions and returns, and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, customer experience surveys, and recall notices.
- Manage your accounts with us, host forums and interactive areas of our Services, provide technical support (including to debug and troubleshoot), and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Worldwide Golf Shops, our affiliates and others.
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service.
- Communicate with you about Worldwide Golf Shops and our subsidiaries and affiliates and partner products, services, offers, contests, promotions, sweepstakes, surveys and customer experience research, news, events, outings, and trips, and other information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage promotional communications, please see Opt-Out Procedures below).
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities.
- In connection with our Services, stores and experiences.
- Tailor the content and information that we send or display to you, offer location customization and personalized recommendations, help, and instructions, and otherwise personalize your experience while using our Services.
- Provide advertising and marketing targeted toward your interests.
- Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and prizes.
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your preferences and provide you with personalized service.
- Carry out any other purpose conveyed to you at the time the information was collected.
BROWSER-BASED DO NOT TRACK
Some browsers incorporate a "Do Not Track" (DNT) feature that, when turned on, signals to Websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to a DNT signal, we do not currently respond to DNT signals on any Website where we provide advertisements, content, or other services.
HOW WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
The protection of the information that we collect about visitors to our Websites is of the utmost importance to us and we take every reasonable measure to ensure that protection, including:
- We keep automatically collected data and voluntarily collected data separate at all times.
- We use internal encryption on all data stores that house voluntarily captured data.
- We use commercially reasonable tools and techniques to protect against unauthorized access to our systems.
- We restrict access to private information to those who need such access in the course of their duties for us.
INDIVIDUALS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA ("EEA")
The following section applies to individuals in the EEA.
Legal Basis for Processing: When we process your personal information, we will only do so when:
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you, for example to deliver products that you ordered from us.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information. For example, if you are a customer, we may process your personal information to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We find such processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- We have your consent to do so. When your consent is the legal basis for our processing, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Data Retention: We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we collected it or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Data Subject Requests: Individuals located in the EEA have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please send an email message to: email@example.com. Click HERE to be taken to an online opt-out submission form, or call our customer service representatives at 1-888-708-0518. You may also update your online account information by logging into your online account or through the other methods described in the Opt-Out Procedures section below.
Questions or Complaints: If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal information that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article- 29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Changes To Your Account Information
You may update or correct your online account information by logging into your online account and updating your information or by calling Customer Service. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to deactivate your online account, but note that we may retain information about you for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
We offer visitors to our Websites a means for controlling the use of session information. If, at any time after ordering products or registering for receiving information or communications from us, you change your mind about receiving information or communications from us or about the use of information you provided, or wish to have your information deleted, please send us a request specifying your new choice. You can contact call us at 1-888-708-0518 or click HERE to be taken to an online opt-out submission form.
Promotional Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Worldwide Golf Shops. There are several ways in which you can tell us whether or not you want to receive promotional communications from us. You will have an opportunity to change these selections by clicking on an "unsubscribe" hyperlink contained in promotional emails we send you. You may also contact our Customer Service Team at email@example.com.
Location Information: The settings of your Internet browser or mobile device may allow you to stop sharing your precise location with Worldwide Golf Shops or others.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts: With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Please note that removal of personal information from our database or "opting-out" will not stop marketing or advertising content that is generated for distribution or is otherwise queued for transmission to you prior to the time when we can implement your request. If you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases and account verification.
CONTACTING THE WEBSITE
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail:Worldwide Golf Shops
4350 East-West Hwy, Suite 950
Bethesda, MD 20814
Whenever you visit our Websites, we will collect some information from you automatically simply by you visiting and navigating through this site, and some voluntarily when you submit information using a form on our Websites, enroll in one of our E-Mail Newsletter, request information, or use any of the other interactive portions of our website. Through our Websites, we will collect information that can identify you and/or your activity.
And whenever you communicate, interact or do business with us, whether online or at our store locations, we will be collecting personal information from you or about you in the course of our interaction or dealings with you.
Categories of Personal Information We Have Collected From or About Guests in the Preceding 12 Months
- Identifiers (e.g. name, mailing address, email address, phone number, credit/debit card number)
- Characteristics of protected classifications (e.g. gender, age)
- Commercial information (e.g. products or services purchased, purchase history)
- Internet or other electronic network activity (e.g. browse orsearch history)
- Geolocation data (e.g. latitude or longitude)
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information (e.g. recording of guest service calls)
- Inferences drawn from any of the above (e.g. preferences or characteristics)
- Professional and employment related information
Categories of Sources From Which We Have Collected Personal Information About Guests
- Guest Relations
- Social Media
Business or Commercial Purposes for Which We Have Collected or Sold Personal Information About Guests in the Preceding 12 Months
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services;
- To provide warranty coverage on applicable products;
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance;
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction; Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration; and • Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
Categories of Personal Information We Have Disclosed for A Business Purpose in the Preceding 12 Months
- Identifiers (e.g. name, mailing address, email address, phone number, credit/debitcard number)
- Characteristics of protected classifications (e.g. gender, age)
- Commercial information (e.g. products or services purchased, purchase history)
- Internet or other electronic network activity (e.g. browse or search history)
- Geolocation data, audio and visual information
- Professional and employment related information
- Inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal information that relate to or are reasonably capable of being associated with you.
Categories of Personal Information We Have Sold About Guests in the Preceding 12 Months
The law defines "sale" very broadly to include simply making data available to third parties in some cases. We let advertising and analytics companies collect IP addresses, and cookie IDs through our sites and apps when you use our Services.
Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity (E.G. "Cookies" Or Other Tracking Tags)
We do NOT and will not sell your personal information in exchange for monetary consideration. However, we may provide some of your information to third parties for other valuable consideration. For example, we may allow IP addresses and other cookie-related data to be collected in an automated manner and managed by our marketing vendors in order to provide you with targeted ads based on what you appear to be interested in as a result of your activity online, both on our Websites and elsewhere. If you opt-out, you will still see ads but they will not be personalized based on your online activity. Other than this exception, we do not and will not disclose your personal information to any third party in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Third-party vendors: Worldwide Golf Shops may use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include administering e-mail services and running special promotions. Such parties only have access to the personal information needed to perform these functions and may not use or store the information for any other purpose. Subscribers or site visitors will never receive unsolicited e-mail messages from vendors working on our behalf.
Business transfers: In the event Worldwide Golf Shops sell or transfer a particular portion of its business assets, consumer information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of the assets of the Company are acquired, consumer information may be transferred as part of the acquisition.Compliance with law/safety:
We may disclose specific personal information based on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect the users of our Website, the site itself, or the public.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on our Websites. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com or call 1-888-708-0518.
Your Rights As A California Consumer
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know. The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we identify to you (1) the categories of personal information we have collected, disclosed or sold about you in the last 12 months, (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, (3) the business purpose for which we use this information, and (4) the categories of third parties with whom we share or have shared your personal information in the last 12 months;
- Right to Access. The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we provide you access to or disclose to you, free of charge, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months;
- Right to Delete. The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we delete personal information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions;
- Right to Opt-Out. The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties;
- The right to designate an authorized agent to submit one of the above requests on your behalf. See below for how you can designate an authorized agent; and
- The right to not be discriminated against in receiving different or lessfavorable pricing, service or financial incentive for exercising any of the above rights.
You can submit any of the above 4 types of consumer requests by any of the 3 options below:
- Click HERE to be taken to an online request submission form.
- Visit our Website at: https://www.worldwidegolfshops.com/ Click on "Do Not Sell My Info" to be taken to an online opt-out submission form.
- Visit our stores to complete a paper form, which can be requested at the front desk.
- Call our privacy toll-free line at 1-888-708-0518.
How We Will Verify That It Is Really You Submitting the Request
When you submit a Right to Know, Right to Access, or Right to Delete consumer request through one of the methods provided above, we will ask you to provide some information in order to verify your identity and respond to your request. Specifically, we will ask you to verify information that can be used to link your identity to particular records in our possession, which depends on the nature of your relationship and interaction with us. For example, we may need you to provide your name, address, email, phone number, your date of birth. If your sole interaction with us was as a website visitor, then in order to verify your identify, we will need to ask you to provide your name, email, phone number, IP address, device ID, browser ID, and/or cookie ID.
Responding to Your Right To Know, Right To Access, And Right To Delete Requests
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days or 90 days total from the date we receive your request), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Responding to Your Consumer Request To Opt-Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information
We will act upon a verifiable consumer request to opt-out within 15 days of its receipt. We will notify all third parties to whom we have sold personal information within 90 days of our receipt of your request that you have exercised your right to opt-out and instruct them not to further sell the information. We will notify you when this has been completed by mail or electronically, at your registered email address.
We may deny a request to opt-out if we have a good faith, reasonable, and documented belief that a request to opt-out is fraudulent. If we deny your request to opt-out, we shall inform you of our decision not to comply and provide an explanation as to why we believe the request is fraudulent.
If You Have an Authorized Agent
You can have an Authorized Agent submit a request on your behalf if you both come into a California store and provide proof of identity with a driver's license or photo identification and provide your written consent for the Authorized Agent to complete your verifiable consumer request. We maintain the right to deny any request from an authorized agent that does not submit sufficient proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
We will not discriminate against you because you exercise your rights. For example, Worldwide Golf Shops will not deny you goods or services or charge you a different price or rate for goods or services if you make an access, deletion, or do not sell request.
Consumers with Disabilities
This policy is in a form that is accessible to consumers with disabilities.
Questions About the Policy
NOTICE OF FINANCIAL INCENTIVE UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW
CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties' direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to:Worldwide Golf Shops
4350 East-West Hwy, Suite 950
Bethesda, MD 20814
Please allow 30 days for a response.